Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Takeaway Homework

After much scratching of my head, I have finally produced my own version of the fantastic Takeaway Homework menus that have been doing the rounds.  I was going to use a well known brand like McDonalds or KFC, but I don't like them, so I haven't!!!  I was also going to split them into 3 columns - Starters, mains and sides and award different amounts of merits for each type attempted, but then I thought it would take away some of the choice - different pupils of different abilities will choose different things and I can't possibly decide how much each task is worth, or indeed compare one task against another.  It totally depends on the pupil, ability, time etc.  So I have just compiled one big list.  Many of the tasks are also inside my challenge pots (Tweeted about. See below), which pupils could do in the lesson, so I have doubled up and saved myself time.

It's not as fancy as some of the others out there, but you are welcome to use it if it helps!



Challenge pots:






3 comments: